Monday, August 16, 2010

My 1st MAC Experience!!

I had been contemplating visiting a MAC store for the past month...I mean, I live in New York City...they are everywhere! As much as I love my drugstore brands, I just had to see what all the MAC-related hype was about. Last week I was given the perfect opportunity while walking around Brooklyn Heights. The store was cute and tiny and the sales representative was super friendly. After watching multiple YouTube videos, I also just really wanted to know what my MAC shade was...


I'm an NW 35!! I picked up the Select MoistureCover concealer for covering up any dark under eye circles. What I loved about this product when I tried it in the store was that it perfectly matched my skin tone and applied so smoothly that I didn't feel like I had anything on. It left me with a nice, dewy finish that didn't require setting with foundation or powder. A great, stand alone product for those rough early mornings!!


Now, being a lip product fiend, I had to get myself a MAC lipstick...I mean, how could I not? I decided to go for a nice, not too crazy, natural pink: Capricious Lustre finish lipstick. I find this to be a great 'my lips but better' (MLBB) shade and have been using it a lot :) Not only does it feel good on the lips, but it also smells/tastes yummy!


I got both of these products for under $35 and am satisfied! I don't think I'll be making very frequent trips to the MAC stores, but I do think that the quality of these products is high and worth the occasional purchase. A girl's got to treat herself sometime, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment