The Body Shop DeoDry Dry-Effect Deodorant line has three different scents, Chilled and Breezy, Fresh and Floral, and Cool and Zesty, in both stick and roll-on form. I liked Chilled and Breezy best. It's a fresh scent that reminds me of Juniper Breeze from Bath and Body Works. It would work well for both men and women!
According to TBS, this deodorant is...
- Best if you want to enjoy odor protection with our unique blend of volcanic minerals and refreshing essential oils with a cool, breezy scent. Contains no aluminum salts or parabens!
- Best for all skin typesHow it works:
- Minimizes white marks on clothing.
- Community Trade aloe vera from Guatemala is renowned for its incredible soothing, hydrating and moisturizing properties — perfect for sensitive skin.
- Community Trade alcohol is made from alcohol which comes from the organic sugar cane farmers of the CADO cooperative in Ecuador.
- A unique volcanic mineral absorbs moisture to help keep you dry.
I purchased the Chilled and Breezy deodorant in stick form and it has a gel consistency. I personally prefer the more powdery stick deodorants because they feel more drying, but have yet to find an aluminum/paraben-free deodorant like that.
Here's my take on the product:
- Nice scent which lingers for hours after application
- Does not include aluminums and parabens!
- Made of natural ingredients (volcanic material sounds so interesting!)
- Have not had any issues with leaving white residue on clothing
- Good for sensitive skin, has not caused any irritations to my sensitive underarms
- Price: got it on sale for $4! That's not too far off from drugstore brand prices :)
- As cool as volcanic material sounds, it does not keep me dry as TBS claims
- Packaging promises 24 hour odor protection, did not always find this to be the case. Have had to reapply after 10-12 hours
- Gel stick consistency leaves underarms feeling damp...not a great feeling!
Overall, I am pretty pleased with this product. I was not expecting this to perform any miracles, I know that I tend to perspire more than the average lady, so certain allowances were made ;) As a deodorant, it did perform quite well, however, I have been using it during winter in NYC. I wonder how this will hold up during the hot and humid summer months!?
I also believe that there is a certain transition period for your body to accommodate to aluminum-free deodorants. When I first started using aluminum-free deodorants, I thought that they were completely ineffective, but after a few weeks, my body reconditioned...so that is something to consider.
Will I repurchase? Leaning towards yes (especially if on sale!). I like the scent and it is convenient to carry when traveling.
Have you tried any note-worthy deodorants? Share in the comments below!!