Tuesday, June 29, 2010

DIY Lip Scrub Review

Lately, my lips have not been their best :( I've been experiencing a lot of dryness and flaking and that just doesn't make for a pretty smile! Though I am a tried and true believer in the magic of Eucerin's Aquaphor for chapped lips, I felt like this particular case required a little exfoliation first. I decided to try Michelle Phan's DIY lip scrub and, let me tell you, it doesn't get much easier than with this little gem of a product :)
--
DIY Lip Scrub Recipe
- 1 tsp sugar - I used regular white sugar from my cupboard
- 2 tbsp honey - I estimated with 2 squeezes, too messy to measure!
- Small amount of Vaseline - I used about 1/4 of a spoon
Mix all the ingredients together until you get a grainy consistency. Then apply to lips with finger. Wait a bit, then wipe off with a paper towel. Moisturize your lips afterwards.
--
I made the scrub in a plastic container and stored it in my fridge for later use. It felt nice and grainy on the lips and I made sure to gently rub it back and forth while applying to remove the flakiness. It took all my resolve to not just eat the scrub off...honey + sugar = yum!! I kept it on for about 3 minutes. After I took it off, I applied some Aquaphor and snuggled into bed. This morning my lips are smooth to the touch, not chapped or flaky at all! 


To all those who'd rather not spend loads of money on expensive scrubs, give this recipe a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment