Saturday, June 26, 2010

Moisturizers and Creams and Sunscreens, Oh My! - Part II: All about the Face

When it comes to face creams, I haven't done too much experimenting. I was lucky to find my staples early on!

Face Creams/Moisturizers
Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion SPF 15 Sensitive Skin - Grade: A
I've pretty much been using Oil of Olay for as far back as I can remember...my mom always insisted that this was the best lotion for the face and I really couldn't agree more! I've used the Original Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid in the past and switched over to this product for the sunscreen a few years back. This is the perfect lotion for my combination skin! Light, not greasy, but still very moisturizing.  

Pond's Dry Skin Cream - Grade: A
As I mentioned above, I have combination skin with a tendency to get oily around my t-zone, while dry to normal everywhere else. In the winter months, I am more on the dry side and this cream accommodates my dryness perfectly! It is a thicker consistency than my Olay moisturizer, so I reserve this cream for the harshest months of winter or for when I am feeling especially dry. It is moisturizing, but not greasy and has a really pleasant scent. 

Nivea Sparkling Glow Age Control Day Care Fairness Cream - Grade: D
I received this cream as a gift on my last trip to India. It came with a free pair of earrings, I immediately was drawn to it (yes, I totally fall for gimmicks :P) Now, I am not very familiar with fairness creams, not something that I see in the US, but I was intrigued...after all, who wouldn't want a 'sparkling glow'? I used this in place of my daily face moisturizer for about a month and in that time I didn't see any change in my complexion or in my glowiness (is that a word?). I've since gone back to my Olay/Pond's staples. Love the packaging and free earrings, not so keen on the product.

ROC Retinol Correction Eye Cream - Grade - C
I have some occasional puffiness and darkness around my eye and I'd been looking for a convenient solution. I came across Michelle Phan's drugstore skin care video and took her up on her recommendation. While this may have worked well for her, I can't say the same for myself. I've been using this cream for a little over two months and have yet to see any change. The cream has a thin, watery consistency, but does feel moisturizing for the skin around my eyes. It also imparts a pleasant, cooling effect after application. This is one of the more pricier drugstore brands and I really had high hopes for this product. I think I may just finish up this tube, as it is only 1.5 fl. oz., while I'm on a lookout for a replacement. 

Any luck with eye creams? Tell me about it!

Til next time,
Mani :)

No comments:

Post a Comment