Saturday, September 18, 2010

Girl's Night In!

Life has been busy! Last year of graduate school + consulting projects = limited free time...see, this blog is my guilty pleasure and til tonight, I wasn't really in the zone, if you will. Well, now I am rockin' my pjs, I've got my party music going, and I'm spending a little time in :)


Face skin care routine
Once a week, at night time, I like to bring out my face care trio :) By the way, I have combination skin, dry cheeks, oily T-zone. Now, read on:


Part 1: Noxzema: The Original Deep Cleansing Cream
I have been using the original Noxzema facial cleanser since as long as I can remember. This is one of those products my Mom introduced to me during childhood. I really love the scent...I find the blend of camphor, menthol, eucalyptus to be really invigorating! I do have friends, however, who do not share my love for the Noxzema smell, therefore I recommend giving it a trial sniff before purchasing. Never a good thing to be stuck with stinky soap!  Noxzema leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, but never tight and dry. This would definitely be suitable for everyday use...during some of the humid weeks this past summer I did use it every day, because my skin was really oily, and I didn't notice any negative changes in my skin. 


Part 2: Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
Once I rinse off all of the Noxzema, I go in with Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. I like to massage it small circular motions around my face, being careful to steer clear of the area around my eyes and enjoy the feeling of the microbeads. The microbeads are not abrasive at all, but, believe me, they get the job done. My face feels so soft afterwards, its amazing! The scrub has a nice, fresh, soapy scent and a little goes a long way! 


Part 3: Freeman Facial Clay Mask Avocado and Oatmeal (reserved for my solo nights in!)
This is exactly what I think of when I think of face masks...thick, gloopy, and mint green in color. It just brings me back to those 90s sitcoms where the terrified brother walks in on his sister with her hair pulled up in a towel, cucumber slices over her eyes, and the mint green mask on her face. Classic :) This mask is just that! One quarter sized squirt is all that is necessary to cover my entire face. I like to evenly smooth it on and then grab a good book or my laptop and wait til it dries. It does have a hint of avocado scent which is quite pleasant. The product claims to purge pores and firm/smooth skin. Not sure of the others, but my skin does feel very smooth afterwards! 


So, dear readers, now you know what I do when I get a free night to myself. I throw my hair up into a bun, put on my skiing monkey pajamas (you better believe it!), and enjoy a little girly pampering :) What are you girl's nights in like?

No comments:

Post a Comment