Sunday, July 11, 2010

Eyeliners: My Faves

Before I started wearing lipsticks or mascara, I was wearing kajal or eye kohl. I discovered it in while poking around in my mother's bangle drawer and begged her to let me wear it to school. Soon enough, I was an expert at applying kajal to my waterline and was convinced that kajal plus lip gloss was all the makeup I ever needed. How naive was I??? 

Lately, I have moved away from the standard kajal look in favor of eyeliners and have been experimenting with different colors! 

- Jillian Dempsey for Avon: Professional Kohl Eye Liner in Black: This is a great soft, black pencil that comes with a built-in smudger on the end. When new, the pencil was amazing for making thin or thick lines and the smudger helped to soften the look for a more natural feel. Unfortunately, when I tried sharpening the pencil, the tip kept breaking and now it's much shorter and still blunt :( Recently read that putting the pencil in the fridge before sharpening will help, will try that!

- Prestige Soft Blend Kohl Eyeliner in Lagoon: This is a beautiful dark turquoise that adds a fun pop of color to my otherwise nude/natural look. The pencil is very smooth and has a nice built-in smudger as well. I like to apply this to my lower lash line with a little mascara.

- Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Dark Brown and Powerful Purple (see pic): These pencil liners have such a  smooth creamy consistency, its just wonderful! I used to think I was terrible at lining my eyes, but now I realize, I used to buy bad eye pencils. This pencil does not tug at all! I like to use Dark Brown for daily wear and Powerful Purple on those occasions when I want to accentuate my brown eyes.

- Jordana QuickLiner Eyes in Black: This is a twist-up style liner which I bought at the Dollar Store. God Bless America, a country where you are never too far from a Dollar Store! This eyeliner is simply wonderful, glides on smooth and was $1. Will definitely be trying more colors in this line!

- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black: Finally, a liquid liner that doesn't require an artist's touch to apply! The felt tip applicator is amazing and the formula is fast drying. Now, all I need to do is perfect the cat-eye and I'll be good to go!

I've heard that turquoises and purples go well with brown eyes and darker skin tones, what other colors/brands would you recommend? Let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment