Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just what the doctor ordered: Target haul

Been feeling a little blue and in my book, there's only one fix for that, shopping!! Doesn't Tar-ghay just brighten up your mood? In the past, I focused more on their selection of shoes and clothes, but this time I decided to foray into the health and beauty aisles to have a little look-see...some may call this an addiction, I call it Retail Therapy!


Here is what I picked up:
1) Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Twilight
Have been dying to try this product since I saw Jessica Biel's ads :) My obsession with lip products combined with the fact that I have a major tendency to eat whatever I put on my lips made this product especially enticing to me! First impression: Non-drying, buildable, berry stain that lasts for 4+ hours! I like it!!


2) L'Oreal Hip Jelly Balm in Delectable
Another product I've been on the hunt for...Target really is a magical place :P Soo many Youtube vloggers have spoken highly of this product that I haaad to pick it up when I saw it! It being on clearance sale didn't hurt either ;) The second I opened it, I fell in looveeee!! Hip packaging (no pun intended), nice scent, and great color payoff! Delectable is a pretty raspberry shade. I've made quite a sizable dent in this recent purchase!


3) CoverGirl Last Blast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black
I have already found my HG everyday mascara combination: clear Jane Curling Mascara + black CoverGirl Lash Exact. It gives my not so naturally impressive lashes a nice touch. That's all and good for work and casual events, but sometimes I want a little bit of drama! Also, I thought it was about time for me to try a waterproof formula. I really like mascara brushes with plastic bristles, give me a more smooth application. Here's hoping that this mascara gives me the diva glam lashes I'm looking for!!


4) Sonia Kashuk Dramatically Defining Eyelash Curler
MUA reviewers have compared this to the famed Shu Uemura. I like that at $9.99, it doesn't break the bank! 


5) Giovanni Frizz Be Gone Super Smoothing Anti-Frizz Hair Serum
I like to consider myself somewhat of a drugstore anti-frizz product connoisseur. Now that Garnier Fructis has stopped making my favorite Sleek & Shine Leave-in Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum (why!?!), I thought it was time to start looking into other options. So far, it smells amazing! Hope it works as well as it smells :)


6) EcoTools Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set                   
My first official set of brushes, yay! This truly was a deal that I could not pass up, 5 brushes + a handy carrying case/brush roll all for $9.99, who'd have thought? And, this is eco-friendly and cruelty-free to boot. 


Ah, the joys of shopping! Now that I know all about the amazing-ness that is Target's Health and Beauty section, I will definitely be back :)


Let me know your thoughts on my haul and be on the look out for some product reviews in the future!                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment