Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Impression: EOS Shave Cream

Sample packaging

“I turn on my computer. I wait patiently as it connects. I go online. My breath catches in my chest until I hear 3 little words, "You've got mail." I hear nothing, not a sound on the streets of New York. Just the beat of my own heart. I have mail...from you.”  - You've Got Mail


As much as I love seeing new emails in my inbox, nothing makes me more excited than good, old-fashioned snail mail! I'm talking the packages, cards, and mini-sample variety...not bills! Recently, I signed up for free mini-samples offered online (i.e. Walmart.com), in hopes of discovering some new products that I wouldn't normally buy on my own. I'd like to pass on to you, dear readers, my first impressions of these products :)

Today's Mini-Sample: EOS Shave Cream (0.5 fl oz)

Now, I would like to start off by saying the packaging was extremely cute! I know, I know, it came in a taped up card, but still...they hooked me from the start. This product can be used with wet or dry shaving, but since I shave in the shower, my review will focus on the wet aspect! 

Here is what EOS claims:
"Once you try eos ultra moisturizing shave cream you'll never look back. Enriched with natural aloe, oat, and shea butter, eos is an ultra moisturizing, non-foaming cream that soothes skin and boosts its moisture level, leaving you with a closer shave and helping prevent those little razor bumps. Plus, eos comes in a plastic bottle so it won't leave a rust ring."

The sample size that I received was enough to cover both of my lower legs and underarms fully. Pomegranate raspberry is a nice, albeit strong, fruity scent, which lightly lingers on your legs after shaving. The texture of the cream itself was very different from other shaving creams/gels that I've tried in the past. The cream had a thick, whipped texture. A little went a long way and I still felt that I had enough lubrication while shaving. While shaving, the texture of the cream allowed for a smooth shave, however, the product did not get gunked in my razor as conditioner often does. It also didn't easy wash off of my legs like foams tend to, so there is less waste of product.

After shaving, my legs did not feel or look very different. I would have to try it for an extended period of time to really comment on it's moisturizing effects. For my underarms, however, I really did feel like I had a closer shave and much less irritation afterwards. I have very sensitive underarms, so this was quite the happy moment! 

First Impression Verdict: Definitely will buy! This is a unique shaving cream which worked very well on my sensitive underarms. I love how the actual bottle is plastic, no more scrubbing rust rings from my tub. They also have a variety of scents to choose from, I think I'll go with Lavender Jasmine to start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment